Saturday, May 22, 2010

Out of my league

We went to Vincenzo's today.  It's a nice perk of being married to an important person.  (LOL---just kidding.  It's actually due to the generosity of Mr. S's boss.  We wouldn't be eating at this place otherwise...)

Salad with 4 pieces of Bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, mandarin oranges, pecans, and cucumbers
Veal with lemon juice, capers, mushrooms, slices of cantaloupe and honeydew, and a veggie/potato medley (my dish)
Ribeye steak with random sprig of rosemary in wine sauce, mushrooms, and veggie/potato medley
 Raspberry sorbet and tiramisu
Verdict: The veal was very good with a mild, buttery flavor and some sour flavor from the lemon juice.  It was thin and moist, in contrast to other veal that I've eaten.  I don't like capers, so I didn't eat them.  The veggies were saltier and I enjoyed the contrast of flavors in the dish.  (Mr. S. reports that the steak was tasty; he liked the wine sauce.)  I wasn't expecting to like the raspberry sorbet, but it was lovely.  The tiramisu didn't have any coffee flavor, but it was delectable too.

Vincenzo's Italian on Urbanspoon

Seviche on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away.