Monday, May 10, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies are a girl's best friend

I had too much leftover pumpkin from October taking up space in the freezer.

Now, I'd exhausted the options (or so I thought) without having to resort to pie: cookies, bread, and grilled.  Bread's fine and dandy, but the cookies disappointed me (and don't get me started on the grilled stuff).  So I decided to try a new recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Chip-Pumpkin-Cookies-2/Detail.aspx

I think I ate 7 of these last night.  :-O

Modifications:
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 c applesauce instead of oil
-2 cups fresh pumpkin
-2 cups King Arthur white wheat flour, 2 cups all-purpose flour (I FINALLY got rid of the whole wheat stuff)
-ADD: 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ginger powder, 1/8 tsp cloves
-about 1 cup of chocolate chips (I really don't measure these)
-no walnuts

Yield: 31 (I scoop too generously.)

These are VERY cake-like.  The recipe states to bake them for 14 min. max, but I tried 16 and they still didn't get crispy.  I know that this may be due to the fact that I made them very large, and may be due to oven discrepancies, but they just don't get crispy.  If you can live with that, you will like this cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away.