Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh snap.

What do you do if your gallon of milk suddenly perforates? If you're Mr. S., you make pudding (from a box). If you're me and you don't like pudding, you make rolls. My addiction to carbohydrates is nearly pathological...









Recipe here: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Unknownchef86s-Very-Best-Dinner-Rolls-96514

I made the following modifications:

  • 3 cups King Arthur white wheat flour, 4 cups Pillsbury bread flour
  • 5 tsp butter (so little over 1/4 of a cup)
  • kosher salt (always)
  • No butter on top.
  • I let these rise for 2 sessions of 1 hr each (and punched down the dough using my hands instead of the dough hook.)
  • Removing the "plops" was easy when I coated my hands with oil.
  • I didn't let them rise for the extra 30-40 min (I was in a hurry). But as you can see, they puffed up pretty well.
  • 11 min at 400 degrees---a tiny bit underdone, but I like them that way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away.