Recipe here: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Unknownchef86s-Very-Best-Dinner-Rolls-96514
I made the following modifications:
- 3 cups King Arthur white wheat flour, 4 cups Pillsbury bread flour
- 5 tsp butter (so little over 1/4 of a cup)
- kosher salt (always)
- No butter on top.
- I let these rise for 2 sessions of 1 hr each (and punched down the dough using my hands instead of the dough hook.)
- Removing the "plops" was easy when I coated my hands with oil.
- I didn't let them rise for the extra 30-40 min (I was in a hurry). But as you can see, they puffed up pretty well.
- 11 min at 400 degrees---a tiny bit underdone, but I like them that way. :)