Friday, November 5, 2010

Here's what I've been doing instead of studying....

Eating this from Nord's Bakery (like a Ho-Ho, but much better):
 And making these:

 Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx)  I used the spice modifications in the first comment.  Also, this yields 42 mini muffins!

 Cake pops for a candy maker (I feel intimidated...unfortunately a couple of these decided to crack. Ugh.)

Homemade sugar cookies + frosting + Wilton's Master 56 Piece Tip Set = me making a bunch of smiley faces.  :P Making frosting is exhausting, mostly because the butter is greasy and hard to wash off. 
Recipes here: (Sugar Cookie Frosting Recipe--with the following modifications: I halved the recipe, and used 1/2 c butter, 1.5 c sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla)  The cookie recipe is: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx

I like soft cookies and Mr. S. likes hard ones, so take your pick on the baking times...As I have an electric oven, I always set it at approx. 25 degrees lower than the stated time in the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. OMG your cake pops look awesome! What did you dip them in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used Wilton's Candy Melts in lavender (you can get them at Michael's).

    ReplyDelete

Fire away.